Homemade Hydrating Pink Drink
Skip the coffee shop and try this homemade pink drink. This ultra-hydrating beverage is as easy and delicious as it is beautiful to look at! My version is low in sugar and made with fresh fruit.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup hibiscus tea (brewed strong)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (from a can) mixed well
- 1-2 Tablespoons honey (or agave if vegan, optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced, plus more for finishing
Add ice to two glasses. Set aside.
Add the coconut water, tea, coconut milk, and honey to the jar of a blender, and blend for a few moments to combine.
Add the strawberries, and blend for just a second (if you want them to remain chunky in the drink, like the original), or several seconds (if you want them to be pureed, more like a milkshake or smoothie) until you get the consistency you prefer.
Divide the drink between the two prepared glasses. Garnish with additional strawberry slices, and enjoy!
- I used Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea, but you can also use Tazo Passion Tea for this recipe. You can use any hibiscus tea you prefer, but I recommend one of these two, if you can find them.
- You can use full fat or light coconut milk for this. Just make sure it is mixed well before measuring.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 194mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 18% | Calcium: 1.4% | Iron: 7.5%