Paleo granola is a hearty, delicious homemade breakfast cereal that is made from nuts, coconut, and chocolate! This gluten free, dairy free, and lower carb paleo granola is irresistible!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 7 cups
Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a nonstick pad
and set aside.
Chop the walnuts and almonds (the easiest way is to pulse them in the food processor 10-15 times).
In a large mixing bowl, stir the nuts together with the cacao nibs, cocoa, shredded coconut and salt.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the almond (or other nut/seed) butter, maple syrup, and oil.
Pour the wet (nut butter, etc.) mixture over the dry and stir to combine.
Turn the mixture out onto the prepared baking pan and pat into a solid, thick slab. Do your best to avoid the slab thinning out at the ends to avoid burning.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan, during which time the granola will crisp up.
Once cooled, use your hands to break the granola slab into bite sized chunks.
If you are adding dried fruit or chocolate, simple sprinkle the add-ins over the granola once it has been broken up, and use your hands to gently mix everything together before serving or transferring it to an airtight container to store.
- Warm your nut butter slightly (20-30 seconds in the microwave) to make it easier to stir, if necessary.
- If you remove the maple syrup (replace it with an equal amount of nut or seed butter), it is Whole30 compliant. Make sure you're using natural nut or seed butter, great quality cocoa powder, and unsweetened cacao nibs.
- If you don't like big clumps, spread your paleola out on the tray (instead of packing it tightly in a thick layer) and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Yield: Approximately 6-7 cups. Serving size (according to nutrition info) = 1 cup.
Calories: 620kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 604mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin C: 0.3% | Calcium: 19.4% | Iron: 18.5%