Fudgy 3 Ingredient Cookies
3 ingredient cookies with NO gluten, grains, dairy, eggs, or added sugar! These moist and fudgy detox cookies come together in a snap! They only require a bowl and spoon to make. And they're gluten free, vegan and paleo-friendly!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 24 cookies
- 3 ripe bananas about 1 1/2 cups puree, mashed or pureed until smooth
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter. Substitute almond butter for paleo or Whole30 compliance. unsweetened
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
- handful coarse sea salt for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to thoroughly combine the first three ingredients until it reaches a smooth and uniform consistency.
Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a greased or lined cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a pinch of sea salt.
Bake for 8-15 minutes (see note) until cookies lose their sheen.
Allow to cool and set on the cookie sheets for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Yield: About 2 dozen cookies.
- Troubleshooting tips:
- If your cookies are too lumpy, try running the dough in the food processor for 30-60 seconds.
- The moisture content of the dough may vary (for example if your large banana is bigger than they ones I used). If the batter is too thin and watery, you can try two things: add more cocoa to absorb the moisture, and/or bake for longer.
- Make sure you thoroughly stir your peanut butter. If it is too oily (such as from the top of a new jar), that might be another reason why your batter could be too runny.
- On the other hand, if your PB is the right consistency, it can be tough to stir into the batter. Try microwaving it for 15-20 seconds until it's smooth and easier to work with.
- Depending on the moisture content of your bananas, your baking time could vary from 8 minutes to 15 minutes.
- If your dough is more like a thick batter, just plop the portions of dough on the cookie sheet and they will spread out by themselves. No need to flatten with a fork.
- If you don't want to garnish your cookies with salt, add a pinch to the batter.
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 63mg | Calcium: 0.4% | Iron: 1.9%