A Full Turkish Breakfast
Turkish breakfast is the best reason to get out of bed in the morning! The meal consists of meats, cheeses, fruit, veggies, and a little something sweet. It's a gluten free and grain free plate that is filling, healthy, satisfying and great any time of day!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- Hard boiled eggs typically one per person
- Stuffed grape leaves
- Sliced green peppers
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced cucumbers
- Black olives
- Green olives
- Dried apricots
- Good quality cured meat like salami
- Good quality salty cheese like feta
- Good quality creamy cheese like mozzarella
- Sumac salt and pepper, for sprinkling
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley for garnish
Cut the egg(s) in quarters and place in the center of the plate.
Arrange the remaining items on the plate around the egg.
Garnish the egg with sumac, salt and pepper, and sprinkle the entire plate with flatleaf parsley.
- If you are only making one serving, you only need a few of each item. If you're making a platter to feel multiple people, assume 2-4 pieces of each item per person. With so many edibles on the plate, you'll fill up fast!
- To make this vegetarian, simply omit the meat and add an additional hard boiled egg and some extra cheese.
- If you want a little bit more sweetness, serve it with a dollop of chocolate hazelnut spread and some bread or cut up fruit to spread it on.