2 Ingredient Dairy Free Chocolate Frosting
This healthier, dairy free chocolate frosting comes together in minutes using standard ingredients and your food processor!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 1 cups
- 1 large avocado (~.5 lb, skin and pit discarded)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- pinch salt (optional)
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "s" blade, pulse the fruit of the avocado a few times to chop.
Add the chocolate chips and puree until smooth.
Taste and add a pinch of salt if the flavor is too flat.
- If you want to round out the flavor a bit more, you can add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1-2 Tablespoons cocoa powder to the food processor when you add the melted chocolate chips.
- It's best to make this immediately before you need to use it, but if you must make it in advance, store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Allow to warm to room temperature, and stir vigorously, before using.
- Yield: 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups frosting, assuming you are using a large avocado.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 2.7% | Calcium: 7% | Iron: 4.1%