Strawberry White Chocolate Snacking Cake
Gluten free and paleo Strawberry White Chocolate Snacking Cake that is so easy that you can make it in the food processor!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 16 small blondies
- 1 1/2 cups whole raw almonds unsalted
- 1/2 cup whole raw cashews unsalted
- Heaping 1/2 cup dried (unsweetened and unsulphered) strawberries
- 1/2 cup neutral-flavored oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup granulated monk fruit sweetener or granulated stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, divided
Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease or spray an 8" baking pan and set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "s" blade, pulse the almond and cashews several times until they are broken up.
Add the dried strawberries and process until smooth, stopping periodically to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly incorporated.
If you start to hear the motor strain or smell a burning smell, stop the machine immediately and use a spatula to break up the mass so that it starts moving again when you turn the machine back on.
When the nuts and strawberry mixture forms a large oily mass (appetizing, I know!), add the oil, almond milk, eggs and vanilla and process until the mass breaks up and becomes more fluid.
Add the salt, sweetener and baking powder and process a few times until combined.
Finally, add 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips and use a small spoon to mix them into the batter. If you're using large chunks, you can pulse the batter a few times to mix them in.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean (a few crumbs is ok) and allow to cool in the pan before cutting and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Yield: Makes 9 larger or 16 smaller blondies.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 0.7% | Calcium: 6.2% | Iron: 5.2%