5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
It only takes 5 ingredients and a few minutes of stirring to put together these rustic and beautiful peanut butter cookies that everyone will love!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 31 minutes
Servings 10 cookies
- 1 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter see notes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt optional, but recommended if your peanut butter doesn't already contain salt
Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a nonstick pad
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the beater attachment or in a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, whip the peanut butter for a minute until smooth, and then mix in the eggs.
Add the sugar, baking powder, vanilla and salt and mix until smooth.
Scoop 2-3 Tablespoon portions and roll them into balls.
Place them 2" apart on the prepared cookie sheet, then use the back of a fork to gently press twice in opposite directions to flatten the dough balls slightly.
Bake for 13-16 minutes until firm on top (the centers will still be soft).
Allow the cookies to cool for about 10 minutes on the cookie sheet (during which time they will firm up slightly) before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can use crunchy or creamy peanut butter, depending on how much texture you'd like your cookies to have. But I find that creamy peanut butter produces a cookie that holds together a little better.
- Yield: About 10 cookies
- Feel free to replace the peanut butter with almond or sun butter.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1.1% | Calcium: 2.5% | Iron: 3.7%