Cashew Chicken (30 Minutes & One Pan)
Skip the takeout! Cashew Chicken is so easy to make at home, in only one pan. Plus, it's on the table in 30 minutes or less!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Ingredients for the sauce
Ingredients for the stir fry
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced (~3/4 cup slices)
- 1 1/3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 whole red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 whole green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, washed and halved
- 1 cup cashews (raw, unsalted)
- 20-25 whole dried red chilis (optional, only if you like your meal spicy)
Make the sauce: whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Set aside.
Make the stir fry: preheat the sesame oil in a wok or large sauté pan.
Add the onions, and cook until translucent.
Add the chicken, and cook until mostly white.
Add the remaining vegetables, the pineapple, and the sauce and toss to combine.
Cook for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through, veggies are tender, and sauce is reduced. There will be some excess sauce, but it will be absorbed by the rice.
Serve stir fry over rice, garnished with chopped scallions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- All of the ingredients MUST be prepped ahead of time. Since you're prepping everything before cooking, it doesn't matter if it's 3 minutes or 3 days before. Just make sure it's stored in airtight containers (Store the chicken and onions in their own containers; the rest of the veggies and the pineapple can be stored together; make the sauce and stash it in a jar with a tight lid) in the fridge until you're ready to cook.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container (with or without the rice) for up to 3 days.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1125mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4.8% | Vitamin C: 46.5% | Calcium: 3.6% | Iron: 8.6%