It’ll be fun. Cookies for three meals a day sounds great on paper, but I think my body has had enough. (Do I sound old? I guess I’m old.) Come on, let’s do it.
We’ll do healthy right: no deprivation, no sacrificing flavor, just a month of good and good-for-you treats.
Like this smoothie, which has been my favorite breakfast lately. It’s bursting with fresh, bright flavors like lime, mint, and pineapple. If you use pineapple juice, it tastes like the tropics, like it should have a little paper umbrella sticking out of it. In fact, that wouldn’t be such a bad idea. But it is also healthy, light and nutritious – a great start to your day, and a nice antidote to the leftover cookies that, if you’re anything like me, you’ll probably be unable to resist later (oops).
- 2 cups baby spinach tightly packed
- Approximately 20 mint leaves rinsed
- 1 large or 2 small kiwis peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 – 1 cup pineapple juice feel free to replace with coconut water or, in a pinch, regular water
Put all of the ingredients, except for 1/2 cup of the juice in the blender, and blend until completely smooth. If you have trouble getting it smooth, add an additional 1/4 – 1/2 cup of the juice.
Pour into a large glass, garnish with a slice of cucumber, lime, or a paper umbrella (optional), and enjoy.