Pineapple Nutmeg Smoothie
Write a review
- 1/2 cup baby (or roughly chopped) carrots
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 packed cup mashed overripe banana
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup pineapple juice (or other liquid; see note)
- Place the carrots in a microwave-safe bowl and cover 3/4 high with water. Cover the bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until softened. Drain the water and allow carrots to cool until they are at least comfortable to touch, and ideally at room temperature.
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender and puree on the high (liquefy) setting until smooth. Add more liquid as needed to keep things moving, and/or more spices to taste.
- Pour into your glass, garnish with granola and a dusting of nutmeg if desired, and serve immediately.
- If you don't have or want to use pineapple juice, you can use any citrus juice (orange or grapefruit would be great), coconut water or tap water. You can also use all coconut milk for a richer, extra-creamy smoothie.
A Clean Bake http://acleanbake.com/