- 8 large hard boiled eggs, whites separated from yolks and chopped fine
- 3/4 - 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or more/less to achieve desired creaminess)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (packed) chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- In a small bowl, toss together the chopped egg white, celery and capers.
- In a medium bowl, mash the egg yolks with the back of a spoon or fork until smooth. Mix in the mustard, then the oil and lemon juice. Add more oil if your mixture isn't creamy or smooth enough for you (remember, this is going to be the binding substance taking the place of mustard). Once you have the desired consistency, stir in the dill, salt, pepper, and garlic. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Carefully fold the egg/celery/caper mixture into the yolk mixture until combined.
- Serve immediately garnished with additional fresh dill, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This recipe makes about 3 cups. One serving = 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 350mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g