Chocolate coconut truffles are a healthier, naturally sweetened alternative to sugary store-bought truffles. They only require four common pantry ingredients!
Sometimes you just need a sweet treat. And chocolate. There is usually chocolate. But you don’t want to turn on the oven.
Lucky for you, these truffles only require 4 ingredients (plus salt, if you want it) and are made by literally throwing everything in the food processor. They don’t require any baking, so they go from a mess of ingredients to an array of round deliciousness in under 10 minutes. If you want to shave that down to, like, 6 minutes or something, feel free to skip the coconut coating – they will still be delicious! Or you can roll them in cocoa powder to really pump up the chocolate flavor.
That’s the good news. The even better news is that, unlike their grocery store truffle counterparts, these are low in sugar, high in fiber, and actually kind of good for you. With only four ingredients and under 10 minutes to make, there isn’t much to say about these little bites. These are subtly sweet, lightly chocolately, chewy from the dates with a light crunch from the coconut and, most importantly, totally satisfying.
- 9 large Medjool dates, pitted, soaked and drained
- 2 Tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw walnut pieces
- 4-5 Tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut, divided
- pinch salt, optional
- In a food processor (small size, if you have it), puree the dates, cocoa powder, walnuts, 2 Tablespoons of the coconut, and salt (if using) on high. Process until a mass forms.
- Portion out approximately 1 heaping tablespoon scoops of batter and roll between your palms into a tight ball. Set aside.
- Repeat until all of the batter is made into balls.
- Pour the remaining coconut into a small dish or cereal ball. Roll each truffle in the coconut until completely coated.
- Store truffles in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature for up to a week.
- Yield: 8 truffles
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: truffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Saturated Fat: 2gSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g