For reasons that, at this point, are probably fairly obvious, I’ve been really into mocktails this summer. Plus, in my experience, an icy, refreshing beverage in the midst of a crippling heat wave is your only hope of not melting into a puddle on the floor.
So, while any cold beverage will do, may I gently but loudly recommend that this bev be the one to grace your glass this summer?
Allow me to state my case:
Exhibit A: Hot air all around you/cold glass. Bonus: turn off your A/C and drink this instead (saves the planet!)
Exhibit B: Strawberries contain a lot of vitamin C and summer colds are the worst.
Exhibit C: It’s pretty. It’s also gluten free, (added) sugar free, paleo and vegan.
Exhibit D: It takes less than a minute – and three ingredients (not counting water) – to make.
Exhibit E: You can add vodka. Or rum! Or Pisco, if you’re feeling frisky?
So, in conclusion*, it might be best to make a permanent place for your blender on the counter – at least for the rest of the summer. You’re going to need it!
*since you’ve sat through two very, very wordy recent posts, I’m going to keep this brief. (I can hear your sighs of relief from here!)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, (no sugar or flavor added)
- 3 Tablespoons granulated monk fruit sweetener , or granulated stevia
- 1 cup cold water
- Optional: 1-2 shots of your booze of choice, (vodka or rum is recommended)
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until fairly smooth (no large chunks should remain).
- Divide between two glasses (containing some ice if necessary).
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint leaves, if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings
- Note: If you want to make this with fresh strawberries instead, feel free. You may need a bit less water, and you can serve it over ice for an equally refreshing drink!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Sodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 6g