This post is sponsored by Prairie Organic Spirits, but all opinions are my own. 21+ Drink Responsibly.
Grapefruit Mint Vodka Spritz is easy to make for yourself or for a crowd! It’s the perfect drink for a party. Made with homemade honey-mint simple syrup, fresh grapefruit juice, and farm-crafted Prairie Organic Vodka – you’ll be sipping this light and refreshing cocktail all summer long.
What is a spritz?
The Grapefruit Mint Vodka Spritz
Admittedly, the only characteristic in common that my spritz has with an official spritz is the spritziness. That is to say, they’re both pleasantly carbonated. Otherwise, they bear little resemblance to one another.
You’ll also add some roughly chopped mint to infuse the simple syrup.
- Fill a couple of glasses with ice
- Add a shot of Prairie Organic Vodka (it’s also gluten free – more on that in just a minute!) and a tablespoon or two of your simple syrup
- Pour in some grapefruit juice
- Top with club soda
And you’re done!
This drink is just ask quick and easy to make for 2 as it is for 20, so be sure to save this recipe for the next time you have friends over for a casual outdoor dinner.
You’ll notice that this drink contains vodka, which, we’ve been told for years, is typically not gluten free. But things have changed.
Back to the recipe!
You can prepare this drink ahead of time: mix all of the ingredients except the club soda, and keep it in the fridge for up to 6 hours. Top it off and garnish it with the fizz at the last minute, or else it will go flat and all the vibrant garnishes will become wilted and soggy.
Kick up your feet and enjoy this refreshing cocktail!
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 15 large fresh mint leaves, torn, plus more for garnish
- 3 shots Prairie Organic Vodka
- Grapefruit juice (About 1 cup)
- Club Soda
- Sliced fresh grapefruit and cucumbers, and roughly chopped fresh mint, for garnish
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together the water, honey, and mint leaves.
- Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, until the honey is melted into the water.
- Allow the honey-mint syrup to cool to room temperature.
- While the syrup is cooling, fill 2-3 cocktail glasses with a mixture of ice, cucumber slices, grapefruit slices, and fresh mint leaves.
- Just before you're ready to serve the drinks, divide the simple syrup between prepared cocktail glasses (2-3 tablespoons per glass).
- Add 1 tablespoon Prairie Organic Vodka to each glass.
- Fill the glass 3/4 of the way to the top with grapefruit juice.
- Top off with club soda, garnish with an additional sprig of fresh mint and a festive straw, and enjoy!
You can prepare the honey-mint syrup ahead of time, strain out the mint leaves, and store it in an airtight container until you're ready to use it. It will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
This recipe doubles, or triples well.
You can prepare this ahead of time, but do not add the seltzer until you're ready to serve the drink.
Thank you to Prairie Organic Spirits for sponsoring this post!