I have a confession: I’ve never made a turkey and I’m a little afraid to. There are too many methods to choose from and too much pressure to get it right.
But salads? Sides? I’m all about those.
Not to mention the desserts – but you probably already knew that.
Last year I vowed that this would be the year to face my fears and learn to cook a turkey, but I guess I wasn’t specific enough because the fates have me cooking a slightly different kind of turkey this year, who is due precisely on Thanksgiving Day.
So, assuming our Thanksgiving meal doesn’t consist of hospital food interrupted by nurses taking my vitals or whatever, we’re planning a spread of healthy, varied (and EASY) sides to tide us over.
Even if your Thanksgiving dinner is going to be more conventional than mine, no one doesn’t need another salad, side dish, or dessert idea – especially if you follow a gluten free or paleo diet.
So scroll down for a list of 25 of my favorites, including paleo-ified versions of classics that you’ve probably been missing out on.
Jump to these Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes:
- Paleo Stuffing (one of my all time favorite stuffing recipes, made with almond flour bread!)
- Easy Sugar Free & Paleo Cranberry Sauce (only takes 15 minutes!)
- Paleo Apple Pie (Best eaten topped with coconut milk ice cream!)
- Rainbow Carrot Salad with Cranberries & Pistachios
- Roasted Turkey, Sweet Potato and Kale Salad with Candied Pecans and Cranberries (perfect for leftover roast turkey breast!)
- Roasted Green Bean and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Roasted Beet and Pepita Salad
- Red Cabbage Steaks (Not exactly a salad, but a great veggie starter)
- Roasted Delicata Squash, Pear and Pomegranate Salad
- Acorn Squash Tart
- Herbed Deviled Eggs
- Slow Cooker Spiced Nuts (These are also great for Christmas!)
- Roasted Turnips with Maple Syrup, Bacon, and Crispy Shallots
- Wild Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash (This one is gluten free but not paleo)
- Gluten Free Cranberry Cornbread (This one is also gluten free but not paleo)
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions (Hint: Put these on your mashed potatoes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus with Lemon Balsamic Reduction
- Bacon and Butternut Squash Souffle
- Sweet Potato and Carrot Mini Pancakes with Whipped Goat Cheese and Smoked Salmon
- Paleo Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Pesto
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Paleo & Gluten Free Pecan Tart
- Mini Pecan Pies
- Grain Free & Dairy Free Magic Bars
- Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie
- Chocolate Ganache Tart
- Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Cinnamon Pecan Shortbread
* * *