100 make ahead freezer meals that are paleo and gluten free! Lots of low carb and whole30 options too. Make them when you have time and stock your freezer for quick and easy future breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and dessert!
In the 15 minutes between when I found out I was pregnant and when the morning sickness hit, I started putting together a Pinterest board of recipes to make in the weeks leading up to my son’s birth. Ask me how many I’ve made so far. No seriously, ask.
The answer: zero.
After a reader in a similar predicament asked me for some suggestions, I shared my board with her, and also realized how much I had neglected it. Time to start over, only this time I am skipping the Pinterest board, and going straight to the kitchen.
Now that I am on maternity leave and this baby, despite my, let’s say, strong encouragement (aka begging), seems to be totally unwilling to face the big, bad world until it is absolutely necessary (who can blame him?), I’m playing catch up and stocking my little mini freezer with all of the meals that I can possibly fit.
With that in mind, I’ve been compiling recipes for breakfasts, lunches, dinners and sweets (inevitably to become 3am snacks) to keep us well fed and prevent us from turning into walking encyclopedias of neighborhood takeout options while we get the hang of this parenting thing.
So here is what is on my list of make ahead freezer meals:
Freezer Friendly Breakfast Recipes
1. Paleola (grain-free granola)
2. Fauxt-meal (grain free hot cereal)
19. Ginger Scones
20. Blueberry Scones
22. Sandwich bread (for quick sandwiches or French toast)
Make Ahead Freezer Lunch Ideas
30. Chipotle lime cauliflower hummus (bean-free!)
34. Chicken Fingers (freeze the dipping sauce separately)
35. Lettuce wraps (freeze the filling only, not the lettuce)
Freezer Friendly Dinners
37. Turkey burgers
44. Chicken pot pie
46. Meatballs (freeze with the sauce, or freeze the sauce separately)
50. Pulled BBQ chicken (or pork)
54. Kedjenou chicken (African braised chicken stew)
55. Shepard’s Pie
59. Chicken piccata
60. Italian meatloaf
67. Cashew chicken
70. Butternut squash and spinach lasagne (use gluten free or Capello’s grain free noodles)
73. Chicken Posole (Posole Verde) (contains corn/hominy, but you can leave it out)
81. Quick chili
Freezer Friendly Desserts & Sweets
97. Baked apples